Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Do I Do Too Part Two

Date Engaged:
September 18, 2009

Where did you meet?
Limestone College. It was only later that we discovered we had been around each other for two years and even had friends in common from college. I attend most of Brad's lacrosse games but we were never introduced!

How did he propose?
I moved half way across the country to be with my MAN! I started a new job. Brad picked me up from my first day of work. Instead of heading home he took me to Inari's in Palisade(wine country section of the valley), to a restaurant I wanted, desperately, to try when I visited him over the summer. He insisted on ordering the best bottle of red in the house and I argued, fiercely, that we should not spend that sort of money for a mid-week non-celebratory dinner. After dinner all I could think about was getting home, crawling into the back of the moving truck for clothes for work the next day, and falling into bed. Brad wanted to drive around until sunset for the view. Sunset in Grand Junction, at the highest peek, is rivaled only by sunsets on the beaches of South Carolina. The sunset was, as usual, breathtakingly beautiful. We drove towards home but one block from our Casita Brad turned down a street I did not recognize. Lyn:Babe? To which BABE responded:You begged to see this at night, remember? It was a special spot with a beautiful, panoramic, view of the valley and mountains. Brad jumped out of the truck as I watched from inside. He encouraged me to JOIN him and experience the twinkle of the city lights at dusk out in the open air. I put on my high heeled shoes and clambered out of the truck. I walked in front of him to see, what he said was, the perfect view. He turned me around to face him, leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "Are you going to marry me, Babe?" I crushed him to me and said "How sweet of you to say that Brad!... That makes me feel so good" He had to break my bear hug to say "NO" Justina LYN, LISTEN TO ME" "I am asking you to marry ME!" at which point he opened the box that I had crushed between us in my exuberance! Lyn: I love You. I love You. I love you." Brad: Is that a YES?


I am not proud of what is to follow--but it is hysterically funny to me so I decided to included it--
We drove home and I, immediately, locked myself in the water closet...ripped off all my clothes and called my family..um ..well.. I do this when someone surprises me--- meaning my reaction to extreme shock is to get NAKED--THIS IS THE REASON MY FAMILY NEVER SURPRISES ME-- and, yes, I have learned to control this particular idiosyncratic behavior to the point that I do not get arrested or expose naked flesh to anyone when surprised. Luckily, I realized half way into the first conversation I should be sharing this with MY intended. I dressed, unlocked the bathroom door and jumped on the couch for the rest of the phone calls. DO NOT JUDGE ME~


When is your wedding date?
July 31, 2009

Why a Charleston Wedding?
It is home to me



Where do you reside now?
Grand Junction, Colorado

2 comments:

  1. exactly what we ALL wanted to know! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is TRULY romantic JLM! I had no idea that Bdiddy was so "SWOONY!" I have no CLUE why I thought this wedding July 1 instead of July 31! I CAN NOT WAIT! Oh, how I can't wait! You're so amazing, Gracie! And you deserve to be happy and loved (which I don't know anyone that knows you that doesn't love you!)...and really, Gracie, you deserve the world on a silver plater - and I mean that in deepest, most, true way! I'm so stoked for this!
    However, the naked thing...that is a trip! Wow, that sheds new light on your reaction to surprises! ;) Who knew! Good to know - I sent you a necklace and thankfully the storyboard did not include a trip to the water closet! ;) maybe it's just the overwhelming feelings and you just want to be raw with your feelings? something like that...
    I love you Lyn...I love you for all the amazing things you are and will be! I'm so happy for you!
    Thanks for the beautiful description - you're so talented...I can always see you when you write! I LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU! -tpk

    ReplyDelete